Deerland Enzymes boasts two separate quality functions to better serve customers’ needs:
- Quality Control (QC), responsible for all lab-based functions: microbiological testing, assays, identify testing and all other facets of technical support, including R&D.
- Quality Assurance (QA), responsible for all process-based quality initiatives: GMP certification, batch records, document control and regulatory.
- Rigorous identity, potency and microbiological testing of all raw materials and finished goods
- Positive Controls – third party microbiological testing of medium to ensure no “false negative” results
- On-site probiotic identification testing – Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test validates correct species/strain
- New product prototyping – identify possible interference to assays prior to first product run
Full Service Laboratory Capabilities
- Full enzyme spectrum USP / FCC assays
- HPLC analysis
- Bioavailability testing / Electrophoresis
- USP enteric coating testing
- FTIR identity testing of raw materials
- Preservatives, Allergens, Western Blot testing capabilities
- Application development / formulation support
The ISO 17025:2005 standard specifies the quality management and technical requirements that laboratories must meet in order to demonstrate technical competency and adherence to strict quality measures for testing, data reporting and process control in the laboratory. The scope of Deerland’s accreditation includes the quality control lab’s most frequently performed enzyme assay methods and all of its microbiological release methods.