Deerland Enzymes Announces Creation of Scholarship and Research Fund for Local University
Deerland Enzymes is pleased to announced the establishment of the Deerland Enzymes Opportunity Scholarship and Research Support fund in partnership with Kennesaw State University (KSU) in Georgia.
Deerland Enzymes established these funds with the local university in order to provide financial support to deserving and qualified students in the College of Science and Mathematics. The company has committed to contribute to these programs over the course of three years. Each year, 70% of the funds will be awarded as a scholarship to a student enrolled full or part-time as a biology or biochemistry major. The remaining 30% will be available each year for pressing research needs in the College of Science and Mathematics.
“Scholarship programs and research funds such as these are leading to new discoveries in biomedical sciences, biotechnology, and developmental biology,” says Gayle Jones, Development Director of the College of Science and Mathematics at Kennesaw State University. “We are excited to have Deerland Enzymes as a partner in educating our students and opening opportunities for research and development with them.”
“The creation of these programs with KSU is a natural extension of the longstanding relationship we’ve shared with the university through clinical and laboratory based research,” says Dr. John Deaton, VP of Technology at Deerland Enzymes. Scott Ravech, Deerland’s CEO, adds, “We are thrilled to be providing local students with the opportunity to pursue their educational goals and passion for science, and look forward to helping those who are in need of financial assistance.”
About Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw State University is the third-largest university in Georgia, offering more than 100 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a comprehensive university with more than 32,000 students from 130 countries. In January 2015, Kennesaw State and Southern Polytechnic State University consolidated to create one of the 50 largest public universities in the country.
To contact Deerland Enzymes, call 800.697.8179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.